Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Music Project 2009


These photos were taken at a Mickyfin recording/workshopping session back in 2006 & 2008. The group still writes and records together occasionally but is now going by a new name, "MC Hotdogs".

Josh, the singer/songwriter is currently studying Medicine in Perth, WA so music is something that fits around everything else.

The workshop session was very much a DIY setup. We recorded it in a lovely open room to get that "Band in a room" sound.

From Mickyfin Test
We then went in to Supersonic Recordings to record the songs properly. A big thanks to Brad from Supersonic Recordings for all his hard work. It's a great little studio!

From Mickyfin Recording Jan 2008

Most recently, we got together (July, 08) to add another 10 or so tracks to the 7 we recorded in January 2008. I am currently going through the files and creating mixes. This is a big learning curve for me and it's going to take a while, but I am really looking forward to the challenge. Perhaps I'll post some samples of the songs up here once I'm happy with them.

Wish me luck!

- Andrew

No comments: